Penne with Sausage and Spinach
Рецепт читательницы блога Just-a-mom из Нью-Йорка:
This recipe is a great hit in my partially Italian family. Why do I like it? It takes about 30 min to prepare and clean up is minimal -- just one skillet (frying pan.) But it is very tasty.
To make this you'll need:
— large (24 cm in diameter frying pan/skillet WITH the lid/cover)
— 1 Tbsp vegetable/olive oil
— 1/2 kg RAW pork sausage (preferably Italian) (can you get it?)
— 3 garlic cloves
— 5 cups (about 1 1/4 liter) chicken broth
— 3 cups penne (short pasta/macaroni) RAW, NOT COOKED
— 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes or drained canned (raw are too watery)
— black pepper
— 4 large handfuls of raw spinach leaves
— 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
— 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
1. Remove casings from sausage, chop garlic, chop tomatoes, grate Parmesan — 5 min.
2. Heat oil in the pan, fry sausage breaking it into small pieces — 3 min.
3. When sausage is browned, add garlic — cook 30 sec.
4. When you smell garlic, add RAW, NOT COOKED pasta, chicken broth, tomatoes, 1/2 tsp salt and stir. Turn heat to high, cover and cook stirring often until pasta is cooked and liquid is absorbed — 15-18 min.
(High heat is imperative here for pasta to absorb liquid and become tender. In the beginning, stir really frequently so the broth would not run out and make a mess on the stove and the pasta would not stick.)
5. When pasta is cooked, add spinach a little at a time so it wilts.
6. Turn off the heat, add Parmesan, nuts, salt, and black pepper to taste.